The Playground of Hollywood

The Playground of Hollywood

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Reviews...

I have two more screenings tomorrow, but once those are done, I am gonna be adding a bunch of actual written reviews. I've already written most of them up, but wanna upload them all at once. Here's what to look for, and a preview of the grade I've given them so far...

THE ROAD = B
A SERIOUS MAN = C+
AN EDUCATION = B+
THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX = B+
THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG = A-
A SINGLE MAN = B-
NINE = B
AVATAR = A-
UP IN THE AIR = A-

And btw, in case I've never clarified, here's how my "rating chart" goes...

A+ = One of the greatest films of all time, rarely awarded.
A = One of the best films of the year, practically perfect, and probably on or near my 10 top list of the year.
A- = May have a misstep or two, but certainly one of the best of the year and unmistakenly worth seeing.
B+ = A great film. Definately worth the ticket price.
B = A good film. Has a few drawbacks, but still worth the ticket $.
B- = Has several redeeming qualities, but balances on the see/rent/skip fence. Don't need to rush out to see it.
C+ = May have a good quality or two, but overall underwhelming.
C = Picking out more of the "good" from the overall bad of the film.
C- = Has very few redeeming qualities.
D = Terrible film. Not even worth a viewing to see "how bad" is it.
F = One of the worst films of all time.

Most films I review seem to fall between the A to C+ category. I think that's about fair?

This'll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment