The Playground of Hollywood

The Playground of Hollywood

Monday, July 11, 2011

2 quests....

Firstly, to celebrate the most profitable film series in history, this week is Harry Potter week!!! Watching 2 to 3 of the films, in order, per day, until seeing Deathly Hallows Part 2 on Friday. This will be my first non-midnight showing since Azkaban, but with my schedule how it is, I just don't see it happening.

Secondly, chronologically, I will be going thru my film collection, and watching all the films that were nominated for one of the major awards, in this particular order (nominated for 4 acting awards, then Picture, Director, and the writing/screenplay awards). This will take several months, as I own several hundred films that fall into this category. But as I watch each one, I will be making a short post here on the blog about it. Thoughts, rating, top 10 ranking, Oscar nods, etc....) Going to aim for at least 1 film if not more per day (starting after Potter week), but we'll see how it goes.

Let the mayhem begin. First up, the 1920/30s, starting with Sunrise (1927), and eventually getting thru The Wizard of Oz (1939). Other films in this time period will include, among others...... All Quiet on the Western Front, The Public Enemy, It Happened One Night, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, Stage Door, The Adventures of Robin Hood, Grand Ilusion, Gone With the Wind, and Stagecoach.

No comments:

Post a Comment