The Playground of Hollywood

The Playground of Hollywood

Saturday, January 31, 2009

KUNG-FU PANDA SWEEPS THE ANNIE AWARDS!!!!

Ho...ly...crap...!!!!!! I literally can't believe that I'm actually typing this, but at this year's Annie Awards (dished out by the Animated Film Society)...



KUNG FU PANDA WON EVERY SINGLE AWARD IT WAS NOMINATED FOR, INCLUDING BEST ANIMATED FEATURE. A complete sweep! Wow.




I don't know if this is a case of Pixar backlash. After all, they win practically every time they release a movie, with the exception of A Bug's Life (lost to The Iron Giant), and Monsters Inc. (lost to Shrek). But seriously, you have got to be kidding me! I'm not discounting the quality of Kung Fu Panda at all. I love the film, actually made it on my list of honorable mentions for the best films of the year, but over Wall-E, which was my personal #2 and the #1 Critic Movie of they year? Well, you can see where I'm going with this. I am in shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment